Surds, indices, and logarithms are chapters that are tested in O Level Additional Mathematics.
You also need to apply what you have learnt in these chapter to other chapters like differentiation since there is a chapter on differentiation of exponential and lograithmic function.
Since this post is on what you need to know specifically on surds, indices and logarithms, I will skip the portion on differentiation. Check out our post on what you need to know for differentiation in O Level Additional Mathematics to find out more.
So here’s what you need to know for the topic on surds, indices and logarithms in O Level Additional Mathematics:
- add, subtract, divided and multiply (4 operations) surds
- rationalize denominators involving surds
- solving equations involving surds
- graphs of exponents
- how to simplify expressions involving exponents (your elementary mathematics knowledge comes in)
- simplify expressions involving exponents
- solving equations involving exponents (sometimes you’ll need to convert the exponent expression to a logarithmic expression)
Logarithm:graphs of logarithmlaws of logarithmchange of base of logarithmsimplify expressions involving logarithm solving equations involving logarithm
Want to learn O Level Additional Math on-demand?
Check out our on-demand O Level Additional Math course here.