Do you know what’s tested in O Level Additional Mathematics?
Well, the easiest way to find out is to look at your textbook. The latest Additional Mathematics textbook should contain all the topics tested in O Levels.
Another way is to look at the official syllabus, which you can find here, from the Singapore Examinations and Academic Board (SEAB). The entire syllabus can be categorized into 3 big categories:
- Geometry and Trigonometry
Under Algebra, students are tested on:
- Quadratic functions
- Equations and Inequalities
- Polynomials and Partial Fractions
- Binomial Expansions
- Surds, Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
Under Geometry and Trigonometry, students are tested on :
- Trigonometric functions and trigonometric identities and equations
- Coordinate geometry in 2 dimensions
- Coordinate geometry of circles
- Linear law (transformation of non-linear relationship to linear form)
- Proofs in Plane Geometry
Under Calculus, students are tested on :
- Differentiation and its application
- Integration and its application
- Application of differentiation and integration to problems involving displacement, velocity and acceleration of a particle moving in a straight line.
Learn O Level A Math on-demand
Want to learn O Level A Math on-demand? Check out our course here.