Let’s talk about what you need to know for Coordinate geometry, circles (in coordinate geometry) and proofs in plane geometry for O Level Additional Mathematics.
- finding the gradient of a straight line from 2 given points
- finding distance between 2 points
- finding the midpoint of 2 points
- finding the equation of a straight line
- relationship between gradients when the straight lines are parallel or perpendicular
- finding the equation of the perpendicular bisector
- finding area using shoe-lace method
Circles in coordinate geometry
- equation of circles in the following form:
- (x-a)2+ (y-b)2 =r2
- x2 + y2+ 2gx + 2fy +c = 0
- problems involving circles and coordinate geometry
Proofs in plane geometry
- proofing similar and congruent triangle (also tested in elementary mathematics)
- mid-point theorem
- alternate angles and corresponding angles
- alternate segment theorem and other geometric properties of circles (e.g. angle in the same segment, angle in a semi- circle, the angle at the centre of circle, etc.)
Want to learn O Level Additional Math on-demand?
Check out our on-demand O Level Additional Math course here.